The ability to speak and present clearly, persuasively and memorably is a skill that will pay off for years to come.
THE FEAR BARRIER
The only thing we have to fear is to fear itself
Why do we feel anxious? First it is quite all right to feel a little concerned about your giving a speech. It means that you care and it would concern me me if you didn’t have a few nerves. The task is not to show them but to use your nervous energy and channel it into your delivery. It is also good to know that even the the most experienced speakers feel apprehensive before giving a speech.
SIGNS OF NERVOUSNESS
- Sweaty palms and brow.
- Blank mind
- Speaking too quickly.
- Reading your note so many times.
- DO NOT look at the audience
METHODS TO HELP OVERCOME FEAR
Some studies show that
The percentage of communication
So if we have a positive manner and show that we feel confident. our fear will not be revealed. So WORK WITH THE BODY AND THE WIND. Use the following exercises:
- BREATHE SLOWLY. Kỹ thuật thở bụng
- WORKING FROM THE FEET UP.
- PRACTISE IN FRONT OF A MIRROR-Listening and watching so that you gauge feedback from the audience,
- BE ENERGETIC AND ENTHUSIASTIC. This way you will forget your nerves and share them a confident message
- PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. The rule is ONE HOUR’S PRACTISE FOR EVERY MINUTE OF SPEECH